Lithium Batteries manufactures custom nickel-metal hydride batteries and assemblies. Our battery design team uses the latest mechanical and electronic design tools to optimize the reliability, safety and manufacturability of your custom battery packs. This gives you the most cost-effective and reliable solution for nickel-metal hydride batteries for your specific requirements. NiMH cells and batteries are generally less expensive than rechargeable lithium cells and batteries and are not as regulated.
See the individual product specifications for individual nickel-metal hydride batteries.
Customized nickel-metal hydride batteries and assemblies
Nickel-metal hydride cells (NiMH) have enjoyed great popularity since the late 1980s. Continuous increases in performance have made this chemistry an excellent choice for small, light, portable, and portable battery packs and battery assembly applications.
Advantages of nickel-metal hydride batteries
The advantages of nickel-metal hydride batteries and assemblies include no recycling problems, 30 to 40% more capacity than a NiCd cell of the same size, less prone to memory effects than NiCd and a competitive price (especially when compared to lithium-ion ). .
Disadvantages of nickel-metal hydride batteries
Nickel metal hydride has a few downsides, however. Nickel metal hydrides only provide about 500 cycles, charging is more complex than NiCd, they may require passive safety devices to protect against short circuits and overheating, and nickel metal hydride loses its charge about twice as quickly as NiCd.
Best Practices for Charging Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries
Like NiCds, nickel-metal hydrides prefer a constant current charge. The standard charge is also C / 10 for 14 hours and should have a timer to finish. Nickel-metal hydride batteries can be charged in less than an hour with dT / dt (delta temperature ¸ delta time) or termination of peak voltage detection; a timer should be used as a backup in case the other methods are not activated.
Custom Nickel Metal Hydride Battery Specifications
- Cell voltage: 1.2 V (nominal)
- Energy by weight: 60-80 watt hour / kilogram
- Energy by volume: N / A watt-hour / cubic centimeter • Discharge characteristics: See graphs below • Cycle life: 500 cycles
- Self-discharge: 30% / month
- Temperature range: -20 ° C to + 60 ° C
- Preferred charging methods: DT / dt – peak voltage detection and timer
- Sizes: Various button and round cells
- Applications: Car phones, cameras, cellular products, notebook PCs, personal digital assistants, portable video recorders, televisions, portable stereos and CD players, cordless vacuums, and applications where high energy and small size are critical.
|Typical charging properties for a 1500mAh NiMH AA cell||Typical discharge properties for NiMH cells|
|Typical cycle life properties for NiMH cells||Typical discharge properties for NiMH cells|